In times of crisis, Mosaic Georgia helps to take away the confusion of the criminal justice system through legal advocacy.
Our legal services provided by Mosaic Georgia’s on-staff attorney and legal team may assist with civil matters resulting from the assault. We understand the sensitive nature of these crimes and help to find alternative ways for victims to reach their goal of safety.
Our on-staff attorney and legal advocate help our clients understand their legal rights while connecting them with available community resources. We offer one-on-one meetings to discuss client’s needs and any safety concerns.
Our legal team is able to discuss immediate legal options with our clients, as well as other needs such as divorce, custody, Georgia Crime Victim’s Compensation Program, and other legal issues related to the sexual assault.
What legal services are available?
We assist victims and their families with civil legal issues resulting from the sexual assault or violence. We assist with:
- Safety concerns (Temporary Protective Orders and hearings)
- Child custody and visitation issues
- Service options available for reporting and non-reporting victims of sex crimes
- Your housing rights
- Your employment rights
- Student rights
- Civil rights
- Risks regarding immigration status.
Mosaic Georgia may not provide legal representation in tort (personal injury) cases, child sexual abuse cases, cases involving the child protection system, victim services employee cases and criminal defense of victims charged with crimes.
Who can use these legal services?
Legal assistance on civil issues related to sexual abuse or assault may be available if you are:
- Worried about your physical safety
- Concerned about your children’s safety
- Unsure whether to make a police report
- Anxious about your privacy
- Worried about where you will live
- Nervous about your job or school
- Concerned how your immigration status affects your report
- Confused about the difference between the criminal and civil justice systems